Thread: E Filing of Income Tax Return - mandatory

GJAFCA

Default E Filing of Income Tax Return - mandatory

The following persons are required to file their return of income electronically only from the assessment year 2010-11:

1. All Companies required to file the return in form 6 only with digital signatures (the option for filing return electronically and sending the declaration in ITR-V is not available with effect from July 9, 2010)

2. All the partnership firms who are required to get their accounts audited u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act, i.e. having turnover of Rs. 40 lakhs and above). These firms have two options:

(a) File the return electronically with digital signature of a partner or
    (b) File the return electronically without digital signature (DSC) but in that case it will have to send declaration in ITR V to Bangluru physically signed.

3. All the individuals or HUF who are required to get their accounts audited u/s 44AB of the Income Tax Act, i.e. having turnover of Rs. 40 lakhs and above). These persons have two options:

(a) File the return electronically with digital signature or
    (b) File the return electronically without digital signature (DSC) but in that case it will have to send declaration in ITR V to Bangluru physically signed.

Dipesh.Rane

I think it's better to do efiling of income tax return for individuals or HUF with digital signature as nowadays its more convinient with electronic filing.