Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Ministry of Textiles - Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)

  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Market Development

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.7. Market Development

    Merchandising the Marketing has been recognized as being central to the growth and development of the handloom sector in India. Domestic marketing is important for providing linkage between the producers and the consumer. The handloom weavers, however, do not have an appropriate feedback on market trend. This, many a time, leads to accumulation of stocks causing thereby a bottleneck in the production-delivery cycle.

    This part of the scheme is, hence, aimed at achieving twin objectives of creating brand and awareness among the people about Indian Handlooms by organization a number of marketing events at strategic locations throughout the country and providing marketing outlets to the craftsperson’s by inviting them for direct sale of their products at remunerative prices. The marketing events will include Buyer Seller Meets, Exhibitions, exposure visit of the weavers to the handloom pockets of other States, development and hosting of website, market intelligence/survey etc. Setting up of Marketing Complex is also admissible under the scheme, which will be set up in PPP mode. The land will be provided by the State Govt. free of cost, failing which the SPV will purchase the land for setting up of Marketing Complex.

    The share of assistance by GOI is upto 80% and the remaining 20% by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt. However, the contribution of the State Government will not exceed 10%.


  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Exports

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.8. Exports

    The export of handlooms plays a pivotal role in the Indian economy and accounts for a major foreign exchange earner for the country. With free global trade, only those able to provide quality products at competitive price will be able to survive. Whereas opportunities for renewed growth are being created in the developed markets, there is an urgent need to evaluate our strengths and weaknesses so that the handloom sector can withstand the forces of global competition. It has been brought out that handloom sector indicate a better performance in terms of Aggregate Unit Value Realization as compared to the power-loom in export. It is, therefore, high time that the domestic production base shall realize the potentiality of enhancing weavers earning for the same production hours spent for development of exportable variety of goods. Assistance will be given under the scheme to enhance export markets through brand promotion, exhibitions, Buyer-Seller meets, setting up of garment unit, participation in International exhibitions, warehouses, design studio etc.

    The share of assistance by GOI is upto 80% and the remaining 20% by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt. However, the contribution of the State Government will not exceed 10%.


  3. #13
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Basic & Technical Infrastructure

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.9. Basic & Technical Infrastructure

    Assistance would be available under the scheme for setting up of Common Facility Centre to carry out warping, dyeing, pre and post loom operations, for setting up of water treatment plant, effluent treatment plant, testing labs, common workshed for mass production, exhibition hall, display-cum-showroom, conference hall, warehouse and any other item suggested in the DPR. The State Govt. will provide land free of cost for these purposes, failing which the SPV will purchase the land. CFC/Dye House will be run on user charge basis and the facilities set up will be available to all weavers in and around the cluster.

    Assistance would also be available for development of common infrastructure, which would improve quality of life of weavers and will not exceed 10% of the total assistance to be released under the scheme by the office of the Development Commissioner (Handlooms).
    This will contribute indirectly to productivity, as it will facilitate overall working conditions.
    The infrastructure could be provided in the weavers locality, which include

    i) Road connectivity to the cluster, where there are no roads
    ii) Repair of roads
    iii) Street lighting
    iv) Bore well
    v) Renovation of primary school building and primary health centres,
    vi) Any other item suggested in the DPR

    The share of assistance by GOI is upto 80% and the remaining 20% by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt. However, the contribution of the State Government will not exceed 10%.

    Assistance would also be available for construction of worksheds to those weavers who do not have a work place of their own to house the loom and are working at other place on the looms of Master Weaver/Society. Assistance for this component will be provided @ Rs. 25,000/- per workshed for construction to the BPL weavers while the weavers other than BPL will be assisted by the Central Govt. to the extent of 75% i.e. Rs. 18,750/- and the remaining to be borne by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt.


  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Publicity

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.10. Publicity

    With a view to project the handlooms within India and creating awareness about the various handloom products, thus opening up opportunities for boosting the sales of handlooms in India, financial assistance will be considered for internal publicity i.e. production of video films, publicity through print and electronic media, hoarding at strategic locations in the cities, blow-ups, banners, publicity through IT related medium like dedicated websites, catalogues, fashion shows, making of CD-ROMs etc and also for general advertisement of various important national and international events taking place in India in connection with the handlooms cultural exchange programmes and other events on recommendation of Indian Embassies, printing/publication of brochures/catalogues/folders/State maps on handlooms etc.

    The share of assistance by GOI is upto 80% and the remaining 20% by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt. However, the contribution of the State Government will not exceed 10%.


  5. #15
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Skill Up-gradation

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.11. Skill Up-gradation

    Training and retraining are critical inputs for handloom weavers/workers to adapt to produce diversified products with improved qualities to meet the marketing challenges. The Scheme will provide a holistic approach to the issues relating to the upgradation of technical and managerial skills to the handloom weavers/workers in the handloom sector.

    The assistance towards skill up-gradation will be fully funded by GOI.


  6. #16
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Value addition (Garmenting/apparel units etc.)

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)

    5.12. Value addition (Garmenting/apparel units etc.)

    The handloom sector produces running yardages, which has multifarious end uses.
    The fabrics so produced in the looms with various end uses are known only after the product is finally produced. Thus, there is a need to set up a garmenting unit where the fabric produced will be converted into the apparels, furnishings etc. having higher realization of value than the basic fabric.

    The share of assistance by GOI is upto 80% and the remaining 20% by the SPV/beneficiaries/stakeholders/State Govt. However, the contribution of the State Government will not exceed 10%.


  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Plantation of food plants for mulberry/ non-mulberry silk worms

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.13. Plantation of food plants for mulberry/ non-mulberry silk worms

    Some clusters faces shortage of muga, eri silk etc., therefore, there is need of increasing the area of plantation of food plants for mulberry/non mulberry silk worms.

    The assistance for the components will be met out from the schemes of the Ministry of Textiles.



  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Innovative Ideas

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.14. Innovative Ideas

    Up to 10% of the budget allocated for the scheme may be utilized towards innovative ideas, which may emerge during the course of implementation of the programme and might have not been incorporated in the scheme at the time of approval.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - Publicity, Monitoring, Supervision, Research & Seminars, IT enabled monitoring mechanism

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.15. Publicity, Monitoring, Supervision, Research & Seminars, Information Dissemination, Training, Studies, IT enabled monitoring mechanism and Evaluation of Scheme:

    Up to Rs. 1.00 crore per annum for publicity, monitoring, supervision, research & seminars, information dissemination, administrative expenditure, training, studies, IT enabled monitoring mechanism and evaluation of scheme etc. will be available


  10. #20
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NEW DELHI
    Posts
    6,224

    Thumbs up Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) - PROJECT MANAGEMENT COST

    Comprehensive Handlooms Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS)


    5.16. PROJECT MANAGEMENT COST

    The Project Management fee will be paid to the Cluster Management & Technical Agency (CMTA) for managing the activities of the cluster. CMTA will be selected for both the clusters through competitive bidding process.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • Register / Login to post new threads
  • Register / Login to post replies
  • Register / Login to post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •